Copyright © 2010-2012 chalkdustchronicles.blogspot.com - All rights reserved

Please do not re-use content/photographs without permission

Day 4 Preview


Things are slightly different in Chalkdust world this year – with shorthand at 100wpm still to get, and portfolios still to complete, my Wimbledon time has been somewhat curtailed.

Then I was given a fabulous opportunity to go to the Wimbledon Spring Press Conference to cover the announcements ahead of this year’s Championships and of course the Olympics.

I got to introduce myself to tennis writers, including Neil Harman, and I got a piece published by Tennis Panorama News – a tennis news media site in the US.

There was a slim chance that I might be able to take over the editor’s credentials, as she was due to travel down, but sadly my trainee press card was deemed not acceptable.

So back to the Ticketmaster grind, and shorthand, and portfolio…. But the promise of some articles from the one day I knew I had so that would be a bonus!

Then I started to get the presser transcripts for the Brits given our successes.  Thankfully having passed my Sports Reporting module, you would think I’d remember that.  Umm not so much!

The pressures of the last few things for the course were taking their toll a bit, so I decided after the exam I would need a break.  Thank you, Ticketmaster Gods.

On the menu – Serena, Muzz and Rafa.
I figured I’d be back home in time to write up notes… noooo problemo.
Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment